OMR Montana barreled actions are skeletonized to save every ounce of weight we possibly could, without giving up any strength or performance. These Montana actions are offered in both stainless steel and titanium. They come fully assembled and head spaced to SAAMI specs, utilizing OMR’s remage style match grade carbon fiber prefits. Montana Barreled actions come in your choice of long or short action, OMR carbon fiber barrel installed with our Stainless self timing muzzle brake (with the Stainless Barreled Action), or our Titanium self timing muzzle brake (with the Titanium Barreled Action). Laser engraving of caliber on the barrel, action screws, and trigger pins included.
Other calibers and configurations available upon request.
If adding the Cerakote option, the action body, barrel nut, exposed steel on barrel, and brake will be Cerakoted in the color of your choice. Action bolt will not be Cerakoted, as it is DLC coated.
All OMR custom barreled actions, ship free to your FFL in the Continental US Only. If you are in Alaska or Hawaii, there may be an additional fee to ship your barreled action.
- Remington 700 Footprint
- Accepts Rem 700 after-market triggers
- Fluted bolt
- Threaded blot handle (5/16″x24TPI)
- 2-Piece 20 MOA rail
- Accepts Wyatt extended box mags
- Available in right or left bolt
- Actions come standard with an integrated recoil lug
- M-16 style extractor
- Includes trigger pins and action screws
- 90 degree bolt throw
- Actions come standard with DLC coated bolts
- Accepts Talley 1-piece or Hawkins Hybrid Rings
Montana Action Only Weights
- Stainless Steel S/A: 21 oz
- Stainless Steel L/A: 22.5 oz
- Titanium S/A: 15.9 oz
- Titanium L/A: 17.1 oz
Montana Barreled Action Weights (examples)
- Stainless Steel L/A Mag, 300 PRC, 24″, 9/16″-28TPI muzzle threads w/brake: 4lbs 8oz
- Stainless Steel S/A Mag, 6.5 PRC, 22″, 1/2″-28TPI muzzle threads w/brake: 4lbs 2oz
- Titanium L/A Mag, 300 PRC, 24″, 9/16″-28TPI muzzle threads w/brake: 4lbs 0oz
- Titanium S/A Mag, 6.5 PRC, 22″, 1/2″-28TPI muzzle threads w/brake: 3lbs 11oz
Lead times are based on several factors: component availability, time of year, current customer orders, and manufacturers’ lead times. On average, you can expect a 3-5 month build time. We work extremely hard to get your barreled action out in a reasonable time frame.