Our caliber carbon fiber blanks are custom built to your specifications. OMR’s blanks have a magnum taper, which is 1” at the muzzle, and a 1.20″ shank.
All OMR carbon fiber blanks start with 416R Stainless, match grade, button rifled, hand lapped, stress relived blank. Every blank goes through our rigorous inspection process for tolerances, craftsmanship and material imperfections. Match Grade bore must measure within .0005″ of our standard diameter and groove cannot vary in diameter more than .0003″ for the length of the barrel. Once a blank passes this inspection, only then will it get carbon wrapped using the same state of the art materials and techniques that are employed in the Aerospace industry. We do all this to ensure You, our Customer the lightest, most accurate carbon fiber barrels available on the market today.
Average weights of blanks:
- .224 Blank 22”, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lbs 3oz
- .224 Blank 24”, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lbs 5oz
- .25 Blank, 26″, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lbs 7oz
- .264 Blank 26”, 1/2”-28TPI = 3lbs 1oz
- .264 Blank 26”, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lbs 7oz
- .264 Blank 24”, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lbs 3oz
- .270 Blank 26”, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lbs 7oz
- .284 Blank 24”, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lbs 2oz
- .308 Blank 26”, 9/16″-28TPI = 3lbs 1oz
- .308 Blank 26”, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lb 5oz
- .308 Blank 24”, 9/16″-28TPI = 3lbs 1oz
- .338 Blank 26”, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lbs 3oz