OMR Prefit Barrels are 100% guaranteed to properly head space with factory configured actions and bolts for all listed actions. Our Carbon Fiber Prefit Barrels are custom built to your specifications. All of OMR’s barrels have a magnum taper, which is 1” at the muzzle (Fits Sendero Contour stocks) . These barrels will require a barrel nut (except for the Tikka Prefits). OMR Tikka Prefits are a true shouldered prefit, guaranteed to properly head space with factory spec Tikka rifles. Our barrels come threaded for brake, cap or suppressor. If you are running yours suppressed, most likely your suppressor uses 5/8″-24 muzzle threads, so be sure to choose that option.
All OMR carbon fiber barrels start with 416R stainless, match grade, button rifled, hand lapped, and stress relieved blanks. Every blank goes through our rigorous inspection process for tolerances, craftsmanship and material imperfections. Match Grade bore must measure within .0005″ of our standard diameter and groove cannot vary in diameter more than .0003″ for the length of the barrel. Once a blank passes this inspection, only then will it get carbon wrapped using the same state of the art materials and techniques that are employed in the Aerospace industry. We do all this to ensure that our customers receive the stiffest, most accurate, carbon fiber barrel available on the market today.
Important Note About Trued Actions: OMR Prefits WILL NOT work. Specifically, if you have had any of the following work performed to your action: the bolt face trued, action body trued or lug work, we cannot guarantee that your barrel will head space correctly. OMR Prefits will not work without needing a Gunsmith to check assembly and proper head space and additional chambering and or throat work may be required at owners expense. Your best option is to start with one of our Carbon Fiber Blanks, and have your local Gunsmith chamber it to your action.
Important Note About Remington/Remage Prefit Barrels: Please verify your action is a true 700 Clone. Not all Remington 700 clones use Remington 700 bolt face and or threads. Many custom actions use 1 1/16-18TPI barrel tenon threads. Remington 700 is 1 1/16-16TPI. The term “Remington 700 clone” only refers to the action fitting into a 700 stock, and using a 700 style bottom metal & trigger. Also our Remage Prefit Barrels WILL NOT fit Christiansen Arms MPR rifle or similar rifles with hand guard. Please refer to our “Shouldered Prefit Barrels to see if we make prefit barrels for your particular custom action. If not, an OMR blank can be purchased and taken to your local Gunsmith to be chambered specifically to your action.
Important Note About Bergara Prefit Barrels: OMR Bergara Carbon Fiber Prefit Barrels are compatible for your Bergara Premier Series, B-14 Wilderness Series, and B-14 Series of rifles. However, the Bergara B-14 BMP is currently unavailable.
Important Note About Tikka Prefit Barrels: OMR Tikka Carbon Fiber Prefit Barrels are compatible for your Tikka T3/T3X, Tac A1 and Sako 85 S, 85 M, 85 L actions.
Easy to install:
- Use a 1 1/4″ crows foot, torque wrench, or action specific wrench, along with a quality barrel vise to install your OMR Carbon Fiber Barrel.
- OMR recommends to torque your barrel to 75-90 ft/lbs.
- Use caliber specific Go/NoGo gauges before and after tightening the barrel nut, or Tikka barrel itself, to ensure proper headspace. These can be rented from www.4Drendtal.com
If you are not comfortable installing your Carbon Fiber Prefit, please contact your local gunsmith and make sure they will do the install for you. If you or your gunsmith is not able to install your Prefit Barrel, please select the “OMR Prefit Barrel Installation” option. We will gladly help you with this.
Examples of actual barrel weights:
- Bergara 300 WSM, 24″, 9/16″-28TPI = 2lb, 9.8oz
- Bergara 300 PRC, 26″, 9/16″-28TPI = 2lb,13oz
- Bergara 300 Legend, 18″, 5/8″-24TPI=2lb, 3oz
- Remage 300 WSM 24″, 9/16″-28TPI = 2lb, 10oz
- Remage 300 PRC 24″, 9/16″-28TPI = 2lb, 7oz
- Remage 300 PRC 26″, 9/16″-28TPI = 2lb, 9oz
- Remage 300 PRC 26″, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lb, 2oz
- Remage 300 WIN 24″, 9/16″-28TPI = 2lb, 7oz
- Remage 6.5 Creedmoor 20″, 5/8″-24TPI = 2lb, 8oz
- Remage 22 Creedmoor 18″, 5/8″-24TPI = 2lb, 7oz
- Remage 6.5 PRC 20″, 1/2″-28TPI = 2lb, 2oz
- Remage 7MM 24″, 9/16″-28TPI = 2lb, 9oz
- Remage 300 Legend, 18″, 5/8″-24TPI = 2lb, 3oz
- Tikka 7MM 24”, 5/8″-24TPI = 3lbs, 0oz
- Tikka 7MM 24”, 9/16″-28TPI = 2lbs, 12oz
- Tikka 300 WIN 24″, 5/8″-24TPI = 2lbs, 15oz
- Ruger American 350 Legend, 24″, 5/8″-24TPI = 2lb,12oz
- Savage .338 Lapua, 28” 5/8-24TPI = 3lbs, 3oz